The technology of laser cutting makes it possible to cut the most complicated contour shapes with absolute precision one-to-one in a sheet metal format.
Using laser cutting, no edge burrs are formed on workpieces which would require significant effort to remove.
Independent of whether an extremely large or small batch volume is required, whether a medium or large format, thick or thin sheet, laser cutting technology makes it possible to meet the high demands of our customers in all aspects.
Laser cutting of sheet metal parts and sheet metal assemblies
Sheet metal parts and sheet metal assemblies are the backbone of numerous industries, including the automotive industry, mechanical engineering, plant engineering, medical technology, the food industry and electronics manufacturing. In these industries, precision and maximum efficiency are critical when it comes to producing these indispensable components. Laser cutting has established itself as a leading technology to meet these demanding requirements and play a key role in modern manufacturing.
The advantages of laser cutting:
- High precision: laser cutting offers unsurpassed precision, enabling the cutting of complex shapes and the finest details in sheet metal. This exceptional accuracy ensures the production of the highest quality components that meet the most stringent standards. Whether it’s delicate electronic components or robust parts for vehicle construction, laser cutting guarantees precision.
- Speed and efficiency: thanks to automation and impressive cutting speeds, laser cutting of sheet metal is extremely efficient. This results in time and cost savings that reduce the overall cost of your projects, especially the laser part, while increasing productivity. Complex cutting patterns and large production volumes are no problem for modern laser cutting machines, further increasing efficiency.
- Versatility: Laser cutting machines are extremely versatile and can cut a wide range of materials, including steel, stainless steel, aluminum, copper, brass, and even titanium. This versatility makes laser cutting the optimal choice for many industries, regardless of specific material requirements. From lightweight sheets to thick plates, laser cutting adapts to the needs of sheet metal assemblies.
- Low heat impact: the laser beam precisely cuts the sheet metal part at the desired locations, minimizing the heat impact on the material. This helps prevent deformation or loss of hardness and maintains the mechanical properties of the machined parts. Even sensitive materials such as stainless steel or titanium remain unchanged.
- Little material loss: Due to the extremely narrow laser cut, material loss in the sheet metal panel is reduced to a minimum. This is not only economical, but also contributes to sustainability by wasting less raw material. Less waste means more environmentally friendly manufacturing.
- Hardly any burr formation: When cutting sheet metal, removing burrs is one of the most common finishing steps before the sheet metal can be delivered to the customer. In particular, extreme burr formation occurs when sheet metal is punched, but this can be reduced to a minimum when sheet metal parts are laser cut.
Our high-tech laser machines:
At our company, we rely on state-of-the-art laser technology, especially proven, latest-generation fiber lasers from companies like Trumpf. Our fully automated laser machines are equipped with sophisticated control systems to ensure precise and reliable production of sheet metal parts. We believe in the pursuit of excellence and pride ourselves on providing our customers with high-quality, customized solutions. Our team of experts oversees every step of the manufacturing process and utilizes state-of-the-art technology to ensure that the unique requirements of our customers and their metal assemblies are met.
World first already in use at KM Blechbearbeitung
Prepare weld seam and round edges automatically during cutting on our laser machine. Preparing components for welding, automatically inserting countersinks or deburring component edges of laser parts directly on the machine? Until now, this was only possible by hand. But with our laser system, this is now possible during the cutting process. We can use it to automatically introduce chamfers of up to 45° and countersinks of various sizes and round off sharp-edged sheets. In addition to eliminating manual work steps, this has many other advantages. Until now, anyone wishing to produce angled cut edges on the contours of components had to manually introduce these so-called chamfers into the component in an additional work step using a milling machine, a grinding machine or an angle grinder. This process is not only labor-intensive, but also very time-consuming. Generating chamfers automatically? Until now, this was only possible with more complex machines equipped with a special 3D cutting head. With TRUMPF’s “EdgeLine Bevel” technology, bevels can be generated automatically directly on standard laser cutting machines. The innovative technology also makes it possible for the first time to apply bevels to the inner contours of the component that are virtually inaccessible to an employee using an angle grinder. We round the sharp-edged sheets directly on our laser cutting machine. The rounded edges are of high optical quality. In addition, we avoid cutting injuries on the laser components.
Are you looking for first-class sheet metal solutions?
If you are looking for high-precision and efficient solutions for laser cutting of sheet metal parts and assemblies, we are your reliable partner. Feel free to contact us to learn more about our laser cutting services and customized solutions. Our experienced team is at your disposal to answer your inquiries and work together to realize your projects.
Max. material size:
3.000 mm x 1.500 mm
Max. processing thickness:
Steel: 20 mm
Stainless steel: 15 mm
Aluminum: 12 mm
Take a look at our finished products